FAQs for Applicants

Below please find some of the frequently asked questions. If you don’t find your question answered here, please call our office at (203) 869-1138 extension 120.

What type of housing do you offer?

Our Agency administers several housing programs, funded through a mix of Federal & State sources, whereby Income Eligible households can submit an application to be placed on an open waiting list. These Communities fall under Family, Senior and Disabled, Low-Income Housing Tax Credit, and the Housing Choice Voucher Program.

How do I know if a waiting list is open or not?

Opening and Closing dates are posted here on this website and in the classified section of the Greenwich Time. We also post on United Way of CT’s Housing Choice Voucher Program website: http://www.cthcvp.org/

How do I apply for housing?

Applicants with disabilities can request assistance by calling our main number. All others can pick up an application for an open waiting list at our office located at 249 Milbank Avenue in Greenwich Monday through Friday 8:30 am – 4:30 pm. You may also download one from this website or request that one to be mailed to you by calling us at (203) 869-1138.  

Applicants are subject to various eligibility rules and housed based on the date and time of application, the availability of a suitable unit, and local preference.  (see current income limits)

Do you offer emergency housing?

No, Greenwich Communities does not offer emergency assistance under any circumstances.

What happens after my application is added to a waiting list?

Applicants remain on the waiting list and update their files annually until they are considered “near-top.”  This is when there are no other qualified households ahead of them for their unit size. Applicants will then be notified to schedule a mandatory pre-screening interview with one of our Property Managers.

How long is the waiting list?

Each list functions independently. Apartments are leased to waiting households when they become vacant. Wait times can vary greatly year to year as our housing stock is limited and depends on someone leaving the program.  

How old do I have to be to apply for housing?

Eligible applicants must be 18 years of age or older to apply for housing.

You must be 62 years old at the time the application is submitted to apply for Senior housing at Agnes Morley Heights.

Do I have to live in Greenwich to apply?

All are welcome to apply.

Do you have any preferences?

Yes. We have a preference for Current, Legal Residents of Greenwich; households whose Head or Spouse work Full-Time in Greenwich or; Former Residents applying to our Senior, Adult or Disabled Communities.

What do I need to submit with my application?

A complete list for each program is provided on all application forms.  Applicants must provide verification of Identity, Citizenship, Income, and Assets for the entire household.

How is the rent calculated?

Rent is based on 30% of the total gross household income with adjustments for medical expenses and childcare. For State Moderate programs, your income must be high enough to pay the base rent listed. 

Are utilities included?

In general, heat and hot water are provided in all of our units.  Electricity, gas for cooking, telephone and cable television or internet are the responsibility of the tenant.   Only tenants residing at Agnes Morley and Quarry Knoll 2 have their electricity included in the rent.


Cool Number